10/09/14


Plans

From here
I'm at a rather precarious moment in my life/career....and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

My current job ends on 30th September. I have not got a job lined up for after this date.

We are waiting on the Welsh Government to accept a tender that would mean I should have 3 days a week work from October, but this has not been confirmed yet and all we can do is wait.

I have a little plan to do the following, IF I get 3 days a week work with the University.

- Work three days a week at the University (go to an exercise class a day at the campus Gym)
- Have Irving 2 days a week at home
- Sign up for a Level 2 Gym Instructors course (blended learning part time)
- Look at training to be a fitness instructor in 1 or 2 classes (body pump/spin/kettle bells)
- Take required courses
- Teach a few classes a week
- Get some 'work experience' shadowing PT sessions at my gym
- Study a Level 3 Personal Training qualification
- Start taking on some clients
- Put Irving back into nursery if/when I can earn money to cover the extra childcare costs

I would start the Level 2 course in November.

I would then take at least 1 instructor session by late Spring next year (2015)

I would like to start the Level 3 PT course by Easter next year (finances allowing) 

PLAN.

Now it's a waiting game until I can kick this into action...

IF I don't get the 3 days a week....plan B...what's that??

(possibly supply teaching??)
 





1 comment:

Lisa Derrick said...

Awesome plan Laura! You're a very strategic thinker! Fingers crossed the three days a week comes through. If not, have you thought about college teaching, community teaching, or consulting as a project coordinator? Just some ideas! Positive vibes xx